Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Texas Caviar

I could live off of this yummy black bean and corn dip. I love it! I've also had it with black-eyed-peas, but really love the black beans. I'm not an avocado lover, so I leave those out. It's affectionately called "Bean and Corns" at our house. It's a great make-ahead recipe and is even better the next day.


1 can black beans, drained
1 can corn, drained
4-5 green onions sliced
3-4 small tomatoes, diced
1/2 bunch of cilantro
about 1/2 bottle of Italian dressing (low fat/fat free works great)
1 avocado, diced (optional)

Put beans, corn, tomatoes and onions in a large bowl. In a blender or food processor mix together the cilantro and Italian dressing. Pour dressing over the bean and corn mixture and stir. Add avocado. Serve with chips or on taco salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment